Friday, October 18, 2019

Legacies - This Year Will Be Different

Discussing Ep. 2.2

- "Aren't you a little short for a janitor?" What kind of line was that? I didn't know janitors were known for their tall stature.

- Principal Saltzman! That's pretty damn quick if not convenient that he got the principal gig so quickly after losing the headmaster gig at Salvatore.

- Why is Josie walking around in just her bath robe?

- Wow!


"This is my semester of 'yes.' I'm available for literally anything!" That's something I'd expect to hear on Riverdale. I'm glad more guys in the school didn't hear that line!

- Yes. YES! YES!!!


Wesley Wyndam-Pryce! Well, that's not what he's called on this show but still.....WESLEY!!!! A fine casting choice with the great Buffy/Angel alumnus, Alexis Denisof!

- Oh shit, he knows magic! I like his style!

- Professor Vardemus. I swear, that's a Harry Potter rejected character!

- Neat! I wish I could write in the air like that!

- LOL! Well, if that wasn't a really awkward interaction between Lasie! 

- Old Mill and Chill! That actually works.

- I love how Alexis, this American actor, is called upon to play these uptight British characters!

- Shit! That's a huge, fucking medal! It's bigger than Landon!

- It's good acting by Danielle. You could see she was on the verge of breaking down when Alaric is telling Hope that he's there to help. Whether she misses Alaric or she misses her family, there's pain there and it shows.

- Okay, maybe because I'm a guy and I don't get female relations....but is it at all common for random women to offer styling, makeup and revenge tips to other random women in the bathroom?

- Hope changed her clothes too? Why?

- Damn! Those are some sweet moves by Hope!


- LOL! I love Arrogant Alaric!

- LOL! Hope can be savage with the comebacks!

- I do wonder if it's because Landon is in a relationship with Josie or because he's a hero or both that that chick is hitting on him so hard and so blatantly!

- Ooooo!!! That was cold, Josie! Causing a nosebleed? And that look from Vardemus proves my point.

- How-in the world- could you miss-that target, Alaric?

- Sebastian is pretty damn charming. "It's good to meet you, Elizabeth." Then again, Lizzie is just exuding slut-vibes that I suppose anyone could be charming in her company!

- I knew Hulk's little meth-addicted brother wouldn't stay dead!

- "You're not recruiting her to your multi-level marketing company." I don't know why, but that line made me laugh!

- Damn, MG is going to get hurt big time. I think he should focus more on Kaleb's sister. 

- That was a pretty good Superman punch by Hope!



- Cyclops! That's a twist.

- At least Lizzie didn't string MG around, knowing she didn't have an interest in him and giving him false hopes.

- Danielle's good. I'm feeling it for Hope right now.

- Ya know what....I loved that conversation between Lasie. They both laid it out on the table about how they felt and got everything cleared up. That's how relationships are supposed to work.

- Who the hell goes jogging at night in a graveyard? You're just asking to be killed!

A good episode. I have to say, I love how they've built up the relationship between Alaric and Hope. For two characters who had nothing to do with each other in either TVD or TO, they've written them very much like a master-student that works very well. I still say that Hope needs to reconnect with her family but at least she has Alaric.  

They're also doing a good job by introducing these new elements of mystery. Who and what is Sebastian? He looked like some Shakespearean actor who stepped out of time. And why is he drawn to Lizzie? 

Who is that cloaked figure? Is that Clarke? And what's he doing drawing the Malivore symbol everywhere?

What is Vardemus' overall plan? Why is he developing a group of magical students for offensive magic classes? I'm assuming this means that Alexis will at least make more appearances this season, which is awesome! He definitely looks like a character with not-so-benevolent ulterior motives.

Why are creatures coming back? Does Landon need to be sacrificed to Malivore to stop them? What creature will show up next?

All questions that will no doubt be answered in upcoming episode. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and tasteful in your comments. Lively debates are welcome. Bullying and childish behaviour are not. You are expected to know the difference.